How can we help people get work done?
Problem: Freelance workers need quiet places to work and meet with clients or take calls.
Solution: PostUp is an app that helps people find a place that is good for getting work done nearby.
How I worked on this bootcamp project in two weeks in 2020.
Getting inspiration from other apps
I searched for apps that help you find coffee shops for working. I also looked at apps to see how their search and filter functions worked.
Sketching the most critical screens
Creating a storyboard for the full experience
2. Open app, enter location.
3. See results, tap on one place for more info.
4. Review info about place, see how to get there.
5. Walk to place and work!
Issues with the UI
After having five people try out the prototype, this is what I heard:
It was not clear what the menu icons meant.
Some people didn't see this or it was confusing how to leave a review.
People wanted to know more about amenities, and options for ways to get to the shop.
Revisions of the design
Based on the feedback I heard, I made some minor changes to the UI:
- Labels with the menu icons
- Link for more info about amenities
- Option to change the mode of transportation
- One clear CTA for leaving a review